Aaah, summer. It barely came, and now it's almost gone. There is still much to be thankful for in a short summer though, so here's my list for today!
1. The slightly cooler weather this year. Don't punch me in the face for saying this until you have tried carting around a 20 pound 6 month old and a 2 year old at the same time. Sheesh. Bottom line: the cool breezes have been welcome :)
2. Picking raspberries
3. Eating raspberries
4. My tomato plants. After 3 failed years of trying to grow "regular sized" tomatoes, I bought two tumbler plants this summer and have eaten fresh tomatoes since the beginning of July!
5. Our new lawn mower
6. Sun tea
7. The farmer's market...those of us with great intentions, but no green thumb really appreciate it.
8. My laying hens. Yay for fresh eggs!
9. Watermelon :)
10. The smell of fresh cut grass
11. Wildflowers...especially when they are handed to me by three beautiful little girls!
12. The fact that the sun stays up so late in the summer
14. Daniel and I both have great parents that spend so much time with the girls in the summer...I am so thankful for such loving, caring grandparents for our girls!
15. To be able to visit friends...:)
16. Afternoon naps in the sun
17. Bbq food! Yum!
18. Watching friends get married
19. That my skin tans...it takes alot to actually burn, which I'm very thankful for because I tend not to pay attention to MY skin when I'm taking care of the girls outside
20. Watching the sunset on the trampoline with Daniel :)