Friday, April 06, 2012
Thankful Thursday...Even If it's Hard.
I've had a rough Thursday, and really didn't feel like writing this...that's why it's now Friday and I'm just doing it now.
In spite of my recent "fail at life" moments, I am choosing to be thankful today. Thankful for the things that I haven't messed up! After all, one of the most important days of the year is happening this weekend!
So, here goes. This week I am thankful:
1. That winter is almost over
2. That my sister is recovering well from her surgery and is cancer free!
3. That I got my bike trailer hooked up to my bike so I can finally start riding again...I LOVE bike riding and thankfully, my girls like it too!
4. Friends who will exercise with me (Rayna!)...it makes it so fun to get back into shape!
5. That I got my van cleaned out yesterday.There's something about a clean van that makes me feel so much more peaceful :)
6. For Jesus. He loves me enough that He came and gave His life for me. I've rewritten #6 like, 10 times so far because I just can't seem to put into words just how powerful that act of love was and the impact it had on the entire world. Jesus is awesome!
7. That Daniel called me tonight! I haven't talked to him in 3 days, and it was so good to hear his voice :)
8. That Dakota decided to stay an extra night at my house so I'm not lonely :)
9. That I got the girls' toys even more organized today....they are still not where I want them to be, but I'm getting better at it!
10. That our girls are growing so well...I weighed them all tonight, and it was very evident that their recent hippopotamus sized appetites are serving a purpose!
11. That my shipment of fabric came yesterday, so I'll have at least some towels for the trade show next weekend.
12. That I can see my grass, even though it's brown...I have been mentally planning my flowers all week!
13. That Tegan is doing so well with reading. I am so proud of my little kindergartener!
14. My shop vac. Seriously, my muddy entry way is no match for that little canister of power!
15. Chocolate. Although, as well as being thankful for it, I have my moments of hating it too...it just lures me in with almost no effort! Gah.
16. For the amount of good hair days I've had lately. For all of the crummy things that pregnancy did to my body, it sure seems to have helped my hair!
17. That I have a very forgiving, loving husband who puts up with me when I fall short of being the wife I want to be.
18. For God, for the same thing as above. And I fall short a lot!
19. That I dreamed about laying on a beach last night. Aw warm sun...at least I woke up in a great mood!
20. That I ran to the highway this week. It may not seem like much...it's only about .8 of a Km, but it's also slightly uphill, and I was pushing a stroller. Also, I've never been able to run very far at all, so it was a pretty big accomplishment for me!
And now, a new week begins. Have a good one!