Right now this house is crazy. I am having a hard time keeping up with the mess today, and it's not even normal mess. It's extra irritating because I have actually organized things, put them in bins, and slid those bins neatly onto shelves. Most of the mess today is from Myka and Danica getting bored with their toys and breaking into storage bins. I am bad enough at organizing and keeping things neat that I don't need Hurricane 1 and Hurricane 2 getting into them all the time!
However, as I was putting the soccer gear back into it's bin this afternoon, a thought hit me. As irritating as it is, I can be thankful that I am doing this because it means that we own these things in the first place! Daniel and I have been striving for a much more simplified lifestyle lately, to help with the clutter and general atmosphere of our house. However, just knowing that we have the things we need, or the ability to buy them is a humbling thought. Now to instil into the girls what a blessing it is to own things and for that reason, they should treat them with respect and value!
This week I am thankful:
1. That I got our water pipes unfrozen a few days ago! Daniel was working crazy hours and had very little time to help, so he talked me through it over the phone. I did it, and now I know more about plumbing than I ever wanted to know :)
2. For getting to go on a date with Daniel! It's been a long time since we had a proper date, and last weekend we got to go watch Skyfall on opening night, which made it even more awesome!
3. For good treadmill workouts :)
4. For birthday presents from friends coming in the mail....thanks Teresa!
5. That the new bedtime routine we have put in place seems to be working well for a more peaceful, happy bedtime. I hope it continues that way!
6. Speaking of bedtimes, I'm thankful for the nights that I have the sense to go to bed early....I have had some of the best sleeps of my life in the last couple months because of it!
7. For new crockpot recipes that turn out even better than expected.
8. That Christmas is close :) I have no idea how this Christmas is going to look for our family, but no matter where we are it will be amazing, just because it's Christmas!
9. For quiet evenings at home :)
10. For Zumba!