Thursday, February 21, 2013
When I woke up this morning, I was so excited to write this post. I had a refreshing sleep, the sun was shining, the girls got to the bus on time (and prepared), and I was looking forward to having a smoothie with my sister in law who is visiting.
Then, the day took it's toll on me, and I've been putting off writing the post all day. But, here I am :) Even though I am ready for a nap, I have so much to be thankful for today!
This week I am thankful for:
1. Angela and Emett coming to visit. Every day (yup, every day) when we talk on the phone we say something like "I wish you could just come over for coffee today!" Well this week, it's happening :)
2. The beautiful weather. I love being able to take the girls outside and play in the snow without everyone getting cold in a minute.
3. The 30 Day Shred. Once again, Jillian is kicking my butt for 30 days. This time I have the support of some friends who are doing it to though, and the accountability helps! Today was day 4...26 to go!
4. That the house is a few steps closer to being done, thanks to my hard working husband...and Angela! We are so close to moving in!
5. That we (or just Daniel) found flooring for a great deal this week, AND it was in stock so we didn't have to wait 4-6 weeks to get it!
6. The slow cooker recipe I found this week that made serving dinner easy :) Strips of beef, 2 cans of mushroom soup, and a package of dry ranch dressing. It is so good on mashed potatoes...or pasta :)
7. The quiet in my house right now. Part of me is afraid to go see why it's so quiet, and the other part is thankful for it and resting in the peace of it all :) Hmmm....
8. That Angela and I get to go out tonight! After having 5 kids under 5 running around my house all day, I will be more than ready to put them to bed and go out for appies with her! My brain will be ready for the break :)
9. For every day that we get to see our girls grow a little bit more. This week I have been in awe more than once at how much I love them....like "I could just squeeze you all day" love them!!
10. That Danica, the barely two year old is...dare I say....potty trained!! There are still accidents here and there, but she's been dry during naps and night time for almost a week now, and loves wearing panties. No going back to diapers for that girl!